The first task is usually to first find the correct sort of interfacing that is wonderful for you kind of fusible interfacing wholesale. Mostly these instructions will be on the rear of the pattern envelope which you bought. If you are creating your own patterns in your house, it might be best to first test what interfacing will work on the sort of fabric you happen to be using. You just want a small part of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to see what the different shrinkage was.
Now to me that is doing sewing both at home and being a hobby I don’t have got a fusing press or fusing machine like the majority of clothing manufactures have. I still need to use to old reliable manner in which worked in my opinion.
The equipment which you would want will be the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I realize other people take advantage of more equipment nevertheless i have used this technique for years and not had any problems.
Steps to go by:
1. Cut out your patterns bits of the material and interfacing. Many people will suggest that you cutout you interfacing small compared to you interlining fabric then when you steam iron it, it won’t stick to your cloth or ironing board. That depends on you, you will understand best how accurate you work.
2. Make sure before ironing the parts together the glue dotted side are facing an unacceptable side in the fabric. This is quite important part since if you iron the parts together and it’s a bad sides it hard to remove the interfacing again, probably also depend on the particular interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth on the parts and be sure you iron is hot. I came across that steam doesn’t always work well so I only use a small amount of steam setting on the iron. I use a cloth as being a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven fusible interfacing and also you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron on the top of the cloth make it for a few seconds on a single spot before moving onto another section. Also i do small sections at one time regardless how small the various components are.
5. After ironing the parts leave it to cool off for the bit before using it to carry on sewing your garment. I think it is wise to fuse all of the interfacing parts before going ahead and start sewing the garment.